Feathers in cap
At ZITG, our firm belief is that, if you strive hard to accomplish a certain goal, achievements follow the suit. With every passing year, we have become more responsible, technologically more reliable and self sufficient. Here are the glimpses of a few of our accomplishments.
This year Zamil ITG has successfully implemented many new / enhanced / upgraded systems. For ZI business users, it translated into new or improved business processes as well as hundreds of benefits gained.
With the introduction of the BPM function, we have made tremendous progress in our focus to align IT with business goals, by
- Gap analysis and solution design based on best practices
- Initiatives in major business processes for centralization and tighter integration to achieve quantifiable business impact
A few highlights summarized below:
- The target of “single-instance” ERP has been accomplished. This has led to standardization of business processes across ZI business in Saudi Arabia, UAE
- Oracle Human Capital Management (HCM) is getting implemented in more business units (BUs)
- Many other enhancements have been carried out in various modules of Oracle ERP as per needs of different BUs
- So far 17 global applications are deployed in cloud environment which enables us to sustain a hybrid and collaborative environment
- Mobile Technology
- Mobile solutions are provided for field users
- Many new solutions and enhancements implemented through in-house systems deployed using Oracle, iSWEET, Java, SalesForce, Taleo, sharepoint etc.
- Various business units of Zamil Industries were integrated into a single point Oracle ERP system. The activity which began in 2012, ensures consistency of processes and single source of data which in turn results in increased operational efficiency & control, This has also resulted in added benefit of significant reduction in the costs of maintenance, management and control.
- Emails are now on Cloud, ensuring anytime, anywhere and any device connectivity so that no technological hindrance can affect productivity of our hard working employees.
- Cloud is the new place to manage the complexities of variety of documents with ease and efficiency. We deployed Document Management system on cloud which has in turn streamlined global sharing, workflow management, security, version control etc. Now engineering drawings can be viewed globally without any problem.
- We have begun implementation of Oracle Human Capital Management for some BUs in ZI; others will follow in near future. That brings in industry-best and consistent practices to manage talent across all entities. Care is being taken that all the country-specific applicable laws and regulations will be adhered to even though we have a unified global repository of data.
- The Expense management application is implemented for ZS Area Sales Offices. It is our first internally developed cloud-based application. This has greatly simplified the process of submission and approval of expenses for people on the move. The turnaround time is reduced and has brought more control to Finance.
- New Oracle ERP (R12) instance has been set up in Dammam as the single global entity and one company is implemented on the same. It would result in consolidation of data, consistency in processes, and reduction in infrastructure cost.
- Oracle ERP re-implemented for ZS Pune, streamlining all finance and SCM modules.
- For the Field service technicians of Coolcare, an application is provided to track and update their work-orders while on the go. It is implemented using an industry leading environment on the cloud platform, and is the first of its kind in ZI